Monday, September 17, 2007

BY FAITH, I'M HEALED

How great is your love O Lord that I can't thank you enough for listening to and granting my prayer request for healing! This is my true to life healing testimony of the goodness of the Lord to give endless thanks and grateful praise for His great mercy and love.

I'm Josie Denuro Bacus who works as an accountant for a construction supply firm in Cebu City. When I was 24 years old, that was sixteen years ago, I underwent a mastectomy procedure for the removal of my left breast which the doctors diagnosed as cancerous and malignant.

About four months ago, my right breast became tender and painful to touch. The pain was so intense and unbearable that my husband and I couldn't embrace each other anymore due to the throbbing pain. Now that I'm 40 years old, I thought that somehow it may be related to my previous condition. So I was quite afraid to go for a consultation and didn't bother to have it examined for biopsy.

Ive been going to work with this painful condition in secret and didn't tell my employer about it. Nobody in the office knew of my condition. I was suffering in secret, but I never lost my faith as I fervently prayed everyday to the Lord God Almighty as I lifted my painful condition to Him and believed that He will ultimately be responsible for my healing.

Then one day, a word of acknowledgment for my prayer request to be healed came in the form of an invitation from my employer, Mr. Frederick Anderson Yap to attend a healing Mass at the Redemptorist Church in Cebu to be ministered by a healer priest, Fr. Fernando Suarez on August 17 at 7PM.

As I have no personal knowledge of this Filipino-Canadian healer priest who is a gifted healer, my boss, Mr. Yap relayed the invitation to all to attend the healing Mass informing us of the immense popularity of Fr. Fernando Suarez as a renowned international healer.

Though no one knew of my painful condition, I had decided for myself to attend the healing Mass. Even in my daily prayers, I often entrust my difficult problems to God and put my faith that everything will be done according to His will.

Deep within me, my faith in God was firm as I'm constantly inspired by the Bible story of Matthew 9:20-22 as stated, "And a woman who for twelve years had had a flow of blood, came after Him, and put her hand on the edge of His robe. Because she said to herself, if I may but put my hand on His robe, I will be made well. But Jesus, turning and seeing her, said, Daughter take heart; your faith has made you well. And the woman was made well from that hour."

During the Offertory and in the lifting of prayer intentions, Fr. Suarez then petitioned God for the general healing of all those who were present and needed healing. Fr. Suarez was very specific when he said, "It is not I but Jesus who heals. I'm only an instrument and by the power of the Holy Spirit, everyone here who needs healing and restoration is now being healed by God.

As he said this prayer, I suddenly started crying involuntarily. As tears were streaming down from my eyes, I felt a powerful force penetrate my body. It felt like an internal ground within me; which I can't seem to understand. My feeling at that very moment was that I was being healed.

After the Mass, and as I left the Church, I began to probe and feel my right breast. There was no more pain, the unbearable throbbing pain is gone. I knew then that I'm completely healed and with all gratitude to the Lord, I never forget to say THANK YOU LORD as often as I can.

I'm so grateful for the Lord granted my prayer for immediate healing. His positive response was translated as a word of acknowledgment that came from my employer in the form of an invitation to the healing Mass whereby Fr. Suarez was the medium by which my healing had transpired.

This testimony of healing is my affirmation of thanks and praise as I proclaim His greatness as a Living and Loving Almighty God, compassionate and so full of mercy that He will not deny anyone who asks from Him with faith.

From the deepest recesses of my heart, I thank You Lord Jesus! Praise be to God the Father Almighty!


Josie Denuro Bacus
Accountant
North & South Builder's Supply, Inc.
Mandaue City, Cebu Philippines