THE 12 PROMISES OF THE SACRED HEART:
ETERNAL ASSURANCE FROM JESUS
ETERNAL ASSURANCE FROM JESUS
As human mortals, it is prudent practice to concern ourselves with the continuity of life’s activities such that we consider the securing of life insurance a priority investment. The purpose of this assurance plan is to ensure that our chosen (bereaved) beneficiaries will be well provided for in terms of monetary benefits should we abruptly terminate our earthly existence.
In case you are unaware, there is another secure form of Eternal Insurance that you can avail of for yourself and your love ones. This is by availing of the 12 Promises of the Sacred Heart of Jesus in the form of First Friday Devotions to His Most Sacred Heart.
This is probably the most powerful Eternal Insurance you can ever subscribed to in one’s lifetime, since the Faithful Assurer is no less than Jesus Christ Himself. The eternal benefits of guaranteed salvation are comfortingly re-assuring and the period of effectivity is limitless.
For so much eternal benefits from the Divine Faithful Assurer, you would probably think that the subscription premium required is quite expensive. On the contrary, it costs absolutely nothing. The only thing that is required of you is a firm determination to start the First Friday Devotion and the persistent discipline to complete it.
In successive revelations, Jesus Christ Himself made the following promises to St. Margaret Mary Alacoque, in favor of those who fervently practice and promote this devotion.
1. I will give them all the graces necessary for their state in life.
2. I will give peace in their families.
3. I will comfort them in all their afflictions.
4. I will be their security and refuge during life, and above all, in death.
5. I will bestow abundant blessings upon all their undertakings.
6. Sinners will find in My Heart the Source, and Infinite Ocean of Mercy.
7. Lukewarm souls shall become fervent.
8. Fervent souls shall quickly mount to high perfection.
9. I will bless every place in which an Image of My Heart shall be exposed and honored.
10. I will give to priests the gift of touching the most hardened hearts.
11. Those who shall promote this devotion shall have their names written in My Heart.
12. I promise you in the excessive Mercy of My Heart, that My all powerful Love will grant to all who receive Holy Communion on the First Fridays in nine consecutive months, the grace of final perseverance; they shall not die in My disgrace, nor without receiving their Sacraments. My Divine Heart shall be their assured refuge in this last moment.
As a Sacred Heart devotee, I began my First Friday Devotions with the primary objective of trying to complete the nine First Friday Masses. It may be difficult at the start, but don’t worry, continue to persist and in time, the Devotion will grow on you eventually to become a normal practice to observe monthly First Friday Masses even beyond the prescribed nine months minimum.
The Promises of the Sacred Heart are all inter-related with each other such that when you are committed into the Devotion, the promised benefits are all acquired continuously as part of the Eternal Assurance arrangement. Thus, numerous essential Graces are immediately bestowed and felt during the practice of the Devotion.
If you find during the duration of the Devotion, you are unlikely to finish what was started, just continue to pray and persevere. In time, you will realize that your lukewarm faith will become fervent and transformed as was stated in His Seventh Promise.
The Devotion to the Sacred Heart is actually an Eternal Guarantee from Jesus Christ Himself that He will be there with you always to guide and provide for you during your lifetime and more importantly assure you that as a Sacred Heart Devotee your salvation is granted so you may continue your eternal love and devotion in the afterlife.
So what are you waiting for? Start availing of your Eternal Assurance immediately by making a monthly resolution to attend the First Friday Devotion to the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus.
The National Shrine of the Sacred Heart of Jesus is situated at Sacred Heart Street, corner Kamagong in Makati City, where First Friday Devotions are celebrated at all Masses every First Fridays. First Friday Novena Prayers recited at all Friday Masses are available here.
EDWIN L. YAP
Makati City, Philippines