Friday, April 4, 2014

KUMPISALANG BAYAN 2014 AT NSSH



Who is a God like you, who pardons sin and forgives the transgression of the remnant of his inheritance? You do not stay angry forever but delight to show mercy.  You will again have compassion on us; you will tread our sins underfoot and hurl all our iniquities into the depths of the sea. [MICAH 7:18-19]

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. [1JOHN 1:9]

Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord, [ACTS 3:19]

The Lord our God is merciful and forgiving, even though we have rebelled against him; [DANIEL 9:9]

"Come now, let us reason together," says the LORD. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool. [ISAIAH 1:18]

In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace [EPHESIANS 1:7]
 
And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins. [MARK 11:25]


Come to the KUMPISALANG BAYAN (NATIONAL CONFESSION) on April 4 and April 11, 2014 at the NATIONAL SHRINE OF THE SACRED HEART at Makati City, Philippines and experience the graciousness of God's Divine Mercy. 

Confession starts at 5:30 PM. Lenten Recollection after the 6:00 PM Mass.

The Act of Contrition Prayer is recited during Confession right after the enumeration of sins and before the Absolution of sins is performed.



AN ACT OF CONTRITION

O my God, 
I am heartily sorry for having offended Thee
and I detest my sins
because I dread the loss of heaven
and the pains of hell.

But most of all, because they offend thee,
my God, Who are all good 
and deserving of all my love.

I firmly resolve, with the help of Thy Grace
to confess my sins, to do Penance,
and to amend my life.
Amen.